Saturday, October 6, 2007

Boondocks Season 2


This morning Whoopi directed me to a link of the first episode of Boondocks Season 2 and I was like "What! They already came out with the episode! I thought it would be later this month!" Nope! It's online at adultswim.com and I'm so glad it is because I no longer have cable and would not be able to watch it otherwise. That was one of the things I feared most with leaving my old apartment and moving here with my grandmother, not having cable to watch (mainly) the Boondocks among other things.

This episode, titled " ... Or die tryin'" was about the stereotype of black folks who go to the movie. And I must admit I fell under a few of those categories. Especially sneaking unusual foods into the theater. Once I took ships and guacamole in the theater with Hilary. I didn't like the ending too much. It was a bit cheesy but the rest of the episode was pretty solid and so were the fight scenes. The opening titles were pretty sweet but I felt they were a little tamed down from last year's opening titles but they are still great and have the same great theme song. Seems like Regina King (actress who voices Huey and Riley) has given Huey a deeper voice. Are the Boondocks kid growing up? Or is King just trying to give Huey a more matured tone of voice? Check it out with the link I gave below along with some of my favorite quotes from the episode.


Boondocks Season Two: Episode 201 - "... Or die tryin'."

Watch it!: http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c39215651f67011566c8cc950028


Memorable Quotes:

Terrorist: "What is this C-P-T?"

Monique: "That means the plane is going to get here when it gets here!"

_______

50 Cent: "I'll stop those terrorist ... or die tryin'."

________

Grandad: "Imma let you get molested by a naaasty white man."

________

Riley: "Ewww ... nigga you gay."

________

Grandad: "If I go to Burger King and ask for a cheeseburger, they don't make me put the cheese on it, do they, damnit!"

________

Uncle Ruckus: "Well you wrong Lando Calrisian"

________

Uncle Ruckus: "Aha! A damn lie! I ain't never met a nigga smart enough to use a personal computer. Not even a Macintosh!"

________

Uncle Ruckus: "I know Robert. He don't miss a Coon-flick." (thought this was low key deep)

________

50 Cent: "I'm gonna put an end to this ... or die tryin'."

________

Huey: "My plan was to get to the projector room and destroy the print of Soul Plane. But first, I had to go to the bathroom."

________

Jasmine: "What's so funny?"

Grandad: "Oh nothing, hilarity just ensued, that's all."

Jasmine: "It did!?"

________

50 Cent: "Not me bitch, you!"

_______

Uncle Ruckus: "You little half-and-half!"

_______

Terrorist: "You will not kill me Air Marshall 50 Cent. You will only die trying."

50 Cent: "But I will kill you ... Or, I, um, uh, or ... or Imma die tryin'."

________

Riley: "Oh come on grandad! You supposed to be settin' a better example."

________

Riley: "Yo, you need to stop snitchin' grandad."

[Grandad smacks Riley up-side his head]

Riley: "Ow! Hey why don't you call Social Services and turn yourself in for child abuse."

________

Movie Attendant: "They fired everybody."

Huey: "Oh. Well ... power to the peop --."

Movie Attendant: "Fuck you."

Shortly after I watch the episode, Whoopi sent me the first rough cut of the two scenes that we filmed.






This is a really great short film from a guy I know through these Star Wars Fan Film Boards and now I know through YouTube. He's a made a few cool test but I never saw a whole short from him. This one is pretty nice! Check it out. It's called "Life of a Liar"



Peace.




No comments: