Monday, January 21, 2008

Update on the New Star Wars Series

[Let's hope they stay true to these dates]

The next few years should be great for Star Wars on TV. The CGI Animated Series and the Live-Action Series should have some great content with it. I walked across this article this morning on IGN.com that all Star Wars fans should check out. Here is an excerpt:

"January 18, 2008 - It has recently been revealed by producer Rick McCallum that Boba Fett will be an important character in the upcoming live-action Star Wars series. This is the first specific fact we know about the show, beyond George Lucas and McCallum saying it takes place during the 20 year span between Revenge of the Sith and the original Star Wars (AKA: A New Hope). In his recent interview, McCallum said "The series will be about brand new characters, a group of people we haven't seen yet, except Boba Fett.""

[Read More here and find out IGN's top 10 characters that should be in the series]


So today I did a lot of last minute rotoscoping for "The Massacre" scene in Whoopi vs. SilentBat and some compositing for it as well. One of the visual effects I did was cutting the top of someone's head off which lead to this conversation:


So if you all watched my blog yesterday you'd know that the new Quicktime screwed around with my After Effects and its ability to export out. So today I decided to find the older version of Quicktime with the help of Whoopi. Below is the Quicktime 7.4 demon!
 

I installed this program called "Pacifist" and it gave me the ability to replace the newer Quicktime with the older one. If I tried to do it without "Pacifist" my Mac would not allow me the install Quicktime 7.3 because "a newer version" was already on my computer.



All was well in the end.

And I exported "The Masscre"! Tomorrow Whoopi will give me some scenes and on Wednesday I'll give him this.
I also did some effects with some "possession" eyes. (Also for Whoopi vs. SilentBat II)



It's gettin' there but it's not there yet.

I think this is obviously fan-made but it's still cool.

Peace.

No comments: