Monday, August 4, 2008

Inner-City Filmmakers Day 38, Week Four (Shoot#4 & 6: Day 1)


Today was another two shoots in one day. Another teammate and I both have a party scene so we shared the scene.


I had to direct a kissing scene which I actually did not find awkward, but it could have been handled better. I didn't feel like I got the chance to be just a director as we didn't have enough extras and I had to act as DP and Director at the same time and it was difficult to look for performance and operate the camera.

After break our camera broke. This is the second time it malfunction. So David Diaz, a mentor in ICF, brought us a new, out-dated camera that was a pure brick but it would have to do. But I told my actors to leave and I'll have to reshoot the second half of the party.

When we got to my other teammate's film I was an actor. I go to party, blow of my friends, get slapped by a girl, and go home pouting. My character is a real jerk.


It was a fun day but a lot went wrong (i.e. the camera and my actors leaving). I'm freaking out a little bit about the re-shoot but I should be okay. I definitely had a moment where I didn't want to go through all the hassle and use the coverage I got but it just wasn't going to work and I realized I needed to overcome this challenge instead of shying away.

Peace

No comments: